Monday, August 14, 2006

Dust storm!

Craziest thing... I know I'm in Burkina Faso, on the edge of the Sahel now!

I was sitting here doing my bills when I noticed a 'blip' in the power (I'm running on batteries right now as +++ power surges)... the wind was whistling, and i looked outside and the air was filling with dust, clouds of it streaming by, blocking out the light - its almost dark outside though sunset is an hour off. I can hear stuff flying around on the other balconies (at least, I think that's what I hear)... tried to take a photo, but it really didn't show well, and now the air is filled with dust and I don't want to open my door.... very eerie (and bizzare that I can enter a blog as it is happening)... its also pouring rain now, with thunder and lightening... dramatic!

Bye for now - want to disconnect from the LAN too...

1 comment:

Beachcomber said...

That sounds beautiful in a very exotic sort of way.