Sunday, April 22, 2007

Mango rains

Its the hot season here - and as someone who generally likes warm weather (you'll not hear me complain about a 30C day at home), even I am hiding in my air conditioned room in the hot part of the day, often exceeding 40C. But this is also the time of year of the mango rains, or little rains - little rainstorms that are much less frequent than in the wet season, that often just dampen the ground and quell the dust a little. But we've had a few wonderful, glorious rainstorms - its just pouring rain right now, and the beauty is that everything will be wonderfully cooled off afterwards, and the garden loves the rain. People say that the mango rains make the mangos sweeter. The other day I had to ride my motorbike home in a similar rainstorm and was actually cold - it was wonderful!!!

Its a quiet weekend for me - catching up on paperwork, knitting, reading, emailing and talking with folks at home on Skype. After the very long days and stresses of the week, its great to have some down time.

Take care.

No comments: