Monday, July 31, 2006

9 days to go...

Well, I'm leaving in just over a week - I leave August 8th. I am alternating between feeling excited & ready to go, and wondering if I'm a fool for jumping in & doing this.

I'm going early to try to set up housing, etc for our team before everyone arrives (with another BIPAI staff person). It seemed like such a reasonable thing when they first asked if I wanted to do it... but my to-do list is getting somewhat out of hand!

We've had a few social occaisions, including a fancy dinner with the CEO of Bristol-Myers-Squibb (who are paying for most of this program) and a casual, texas BBQ this evening.

I've been feeling a bit lonely, for, as lovely as everyone here is, there is still a diference between friends you've just met and well-established relationships. And I know that will be all the more difficult once I leave! So I think its also a little anticipatory angst. I'm hoping my friends here won't forget to keep in touch with me.

Anyhow, need to get to bed as tomorrow will be very busy.
Laura

No comments: